What is Window Film?
3M™ invented Window Film in 1966 and is the leader in advanced film technologies still today. Your windows are always performing and affect the flow of heat into and out of your building as well as determining the amount of natural light entering the space. Windows directly influence how much electricity you use to keep your building and occupants comfortable.
Window film is a film or laminate that can be installed to glass surfaces. Our products are made from a polyester due to it's clarity, tensile strength, dimensional stability and ability to accept a variety of surface-applied or embedded treatments.
* Provides UV Protection - Professionally installed window film blocks up to 99.9% of UV rays from passing through unprotected glass. The sun can create hot spots, making rooms too hot or filled with glare. It will ruin expensive furniture, antiques, fade rugs and hardwood floors. Sun protection so powerful it is recommended by the American Skin Cancer Society as a device against UV of the skin.
* Reduce Heat and Glare - It saves on home cooling costs; one-third of a home’s heating and cooling costs can be lost through windows that are not energy efficient. On average, window film provides 55% rejection of heat that offers more efficient air conditioning.
* Climate Control - Take control of your environment with 3M™ Low E Window Film - Year round energy saving window film that works keeping heat out all summer and heat in all winter.
* Helps keep you Safe and Secure - Accidents and storms can shatter windows without warning, sending flying shards of glass everywhere. This risk can be dramatically reduced with safety and security window films. It also makes it more difficult for an intruder to smash through your windows.
* Cost Effective - Window film installation is a very reasonable expense when compared to purchasing new windows or other window treatments. The installation of professionally installed window film will not interfere with your daily activities in most cases.
* All major manufacturer's submit their solar control products to be tested by the NFRC which substantiates their performance. We would not recommend using products that have not been tested.